Friday, September 16, 2011

My travel companions (Sept. 2011)

16092011_001

When I travel I have to choose my companions carefully. 

In a prolonged holiday, like this one I took, I have to choose them in terms of the kind of pictures that I'm planing to take, some variety of formats and I like to take, at least, one camera that I haven´t used yet.

So this time I've chosen the Nikon F2,  with their best companions, The Nikkors 24/2.8, 50/1.4 and 200/4.

16092011_005

I also brought a set of ND filters and a Vanguard Tourist tripod to take some water blured landscapes, everything tucked inside a small Vanguard backpack.

14092011_010

To complement the landscape taking pictures the landscape queen, the KMZ - Zenit Horizon 202

16092011_003

The one I haven't used yet is the Agfa Record III

16092011_004

This one decided to be uncooperative.

First I found out that it hadn't a take-up spool. this problem was easily solved, I had several 120 films and, in a dark bathroom, I removed the spool from one of them, shielding the unspooled film in a light tight canister.

When I loaded it and was about to use it, for the first time, I found that the focus ring was loose. 
As I hadn't with me the necessary tools to perform the adjustment it's début was postponed )0:

Last year I had some trouble with a Fuji HD-R, who drowned. A bit out of topic I can tell you that in August, I was making a round to my collection, decided to put on a set of batteries and voilà it was working.
I loaded it with film, I can't tell that it works flawlessly but, the light meter is on the spot, the shutter sometimes fires sometimes doesn't, all the rest is mechanical and poses no questions, so when it fires the pictures are fine.

As soon as I have results from these companions of mine, you, my faithful readers, will be the first to know about them.

Stay tuned (o;





No comments:

Post a Comment